AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

[Katana] Jobs submitted through script fail

Hey guys.

We decided to start using the Katana submission script but apparently something goes all wrong in the way.
We do have it in the Tabs - Thinkbox menu. It starts and submits the job but starts failing right away.
Most probably the reason is that we are using networked installation of Deadline + submission scripts, not local one for each computers.

So the job gets submitted and just fails instantly. In the log I can see that it uses “startup directory” of /home/user instead of the path to the actual binary file (katana)

I guess somehow I have to force it to use the right path for Katana, but how?

Cheers

This doc’ll help with that:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … figuration

Hey mate.

I’ve read this a couple of times already. It covers local installation for the script, I guess. As mentioned we need to use it in networked environment where nothing is locally installed, nor the script, nor the software, nor deadline itself.

Thanks

At the request of the Foundry, we capture and add this line in the in-app submission script in Katana:

“…/DeadlineRepository10/submission/Katana/Main/SubmitKatanaToDeadline.py”

line: #430

fileHandle.write( "WorkingDirectory=%s\n" % os.getcwd() )

This is so that we can support any Katana scene file that is using relative asset file paths.

If you right-click any submitted Katana job in the Deadline Monitor queue, go to “Katana Settings” and ensure the “Working Directory” field is empty (you could do this now on any of your submitted Katana jobs to test this is the cause of your error).

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 23.49.32.png[/attachment]

If so, you could simply comment out line:430 in the above named py script. Frankly, I was suspicious of adding this feature when I was asked to by the Foundry. I will ask Thinkbox engineering team how best we support both workflows in the future (ie: add a plugin or job level toggle setting to support setting the ‘working directory’ or not).

Spot on, mate!

Today I finally had opportunity to test it and removing the working dir path seems to fix it! Now I’m about to comment the mentioned line in the script.

Thank you so much!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences