AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

AWS Portal NGINX Cache instance type

Hi

What ec2 instance type does the AWS Portal NGINX Cache that deadline infrastructure automatically creates use? Just wanted to confirm it’s one with a 10gbps network connection.

Having done a lot of cloud rendering with previous versions of deadline I’m just getting my head round the improved Deadline 10 features and getting an understanding of any potential bottlenecks.

Thanks

David

It’s using a c4.4xlarge. Interestingly, the c5.4xlarge is a little cheaper and has better networking, but isn’t available in all regions. After starting up the infrastructure, you can shut down the Gateway instance (our little name for it these days) and change the instance type:

aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/k … -instance/

In my testing so far, the public IP hasn’t changed. Let me know if it does though as we may need to change a configuration parameter somewhere.

If you’re using AWS Portal with Linux machines, they pull to their own local cache from S3. The biggest benefits you’ll see with making the instance larger is with Windows-based images where they have to pull their render assets from a Samba share exported from that machine.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences