AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

V-ray bug with "separate files per frame"

Hello,
the Vray.py plugin seems to not set the -frames parameter when gathering “renderarguments” variable if separateFilesPerFrame is set to true.
Usually one would assume that this is correct because if the user renders “separate Files Per Frame” the vrscene file should ONLY contain the information of that frame.

Here is the Problem though:
If you export single vrscene files for every frame with 3ds max (and it does not matter if you are exporting via the vrscene exporter gui or maxscript). The velocities for these frames will not be exported and no motion blur will render. Now if I export multiple frames to a vrscene file motion blur will render correctly because vray is able to interpolate between those frames.

so for example if i export frame 1001 to C:\myFile1001.vrscene -> will not render motion blur
if i export frame 1001 and 1002 (as start and endframe) to C:\myFile1001.vrscene -> will render correct motion blur

Long story short, if there are two frames written in one vrscene file (in order to get motion blur) the deadline task WILL render BOTH those frames even though it should only render the one frame that is contained within the vrscene filename. The reason is that in the Vray.py plugin the “-frames=” Parameter (line 118) will only be set if you are rendering single vrscene files. But the “-frames=” parameter should ALWAYS be set especially when rendering separate Files Per Frame.

I quick fixed it like this, but it’s not a clean solution, this only works if every task has only one frame assigned and I’m too much of a deadline scripting noob to figure out how to get the “current frame”, fyi line 117 - 122 is in the native vray.py I’ve only added line 124-126:

Thanks for reporting! I’ve created an internal dev issue and let the dev team know about it.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences