AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Trouble with local network drives after upgrade to 10.0.16.5

We use several network drives on our local farm. After the latest upgrade, the slaves throw an error when rendering:

skipping Z: because it is not mapped for this region: unrecognized

In the slave logs I see a lot of

Scheduler Thread - >>> SLAVE REGION 'unrecognized' IS NOT ENABLED, SKIPPING TASK DEQUEUING

Although the ‘unrecognized’ region which was there by default is enabled.

Now, the real trouble is that I configure the drive mappings in Repository options so that each drive is for All regions. Next time I open up the Repository options dialog, all drives have a region None. If I repeat this, I get the same result.
Seems like a bug? Or could it be that our settings are corrupted after the upgrade?

P.S. We haven’t used regions so far, and are in initial stages of setting a cloud infrastructure.

That’s a serious problem. I’ve informed the right people and we’ll dig into this ASAP.

Seems to work for me:
2018-05-31 10:22:29: Scheduler Thread - Successfully mapped A: to \localhost\Shared

Are you willing to send a screenshot of your mapped drives (paths don’t matter, just regions so feel free to blur or cut as needed) along with the regions section of the repo config.

I did set up the mapped drives after upgrading my local farm instead of before. I’m not sure if the problem is with old data. Would you be willing to try re-creating one of the mappings? It’ll help us pinpoint the possible problem.

Update here: It does seem to relate to mapped drives that existed prior to the upgrade. We’re working on a patch here to fix it, but we’re concerned about “SLAVE REGION ‘unrecognized’ IS NOT ENABLED, SKIPPING TASK DEQUEUING”. That should be unrelated to the changes to the drive mapping, so it would be good to have a quick call to take a look at things.

I did readd the drive mappings after the breakage, and it was still failing. I am guessing our region settings are wrong.
Going to discuss it with the team and get back to you with more info.

Okay! Well, we released a hotfix on Friday afternoon here. If you have the time to upgrade to the latest, that should help.

Alright thanks! We’ll upgrade and run some tests.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences