AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Per pool concurrency

Hi,

New ish deadline user here so I apologize if this feature is obvious or easy to setup but I can’t figure out a way to achieve what I want. l have two machines on the farm with licenses specific for a nuke plug-in, the machines are powerful enough to run two or three concurrent tasks when running a job with the plug-in, however, they aren’t powerful enough to do the same for a vast majority of the nuke compositor renders that go through deadline. What I’d like to do is have a set up in deadline that can switch the concurrency Dependant on what kind of job its running. i.e if its rendering a plugin job it will do two conurrent tasks, whereas, if it runs on a nuke comp job it goes back to one. I know that we could ask the artists to assign concurrency dependant on which pool they submit to but its difficult to police since we have a large number of artists and if they make a mistake we end up with subtly watermarked renders.

If anyone knows of a workaround or method for achieving this it would be much appreciated,

Thanks, Tom

Hello Tom,

I can ask the devs to take a look at this, but in the meantime I’d love to hear from some other forums folks to see if anyone has a work around solution.

Dwight

If there is something like a pool or group you’re willing to use, you can hook up an OnJobSubmitted() event that will set the concurrency for you.

If not, I would customize the submitter code.

Both will take some Python programming. Is that going to be feasible where you are? I can go into more details on either path if you need.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences