AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Rendering in reverse frame order

This is from the docs:

Using a step frame also works for reverse frame sequences:

100-1x5
100:1:5

With the first format option I got this error in the Maya feedback line:

// Error: file: T:/LIB/CG/TOOLS/DEADLINE/v9DeadlineRepo/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel line 2562: Invalid negative index used to reference array “$array”.

With the second I got a pop up saying this:

Deadline Command 9.0 [v9.0.12.0 Release (d3cbd3bab)]
Error: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\sdavy\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline9\temp\maya_deadline_info.job’ because it is being used by another process. (System.IO.IOException)

Using renderer: vray

??

Hello,

I definitely found issues when using DL 10 and trying these two forms of reverse order frame lists. I am going to ask the devs to look into them and see what they can do, however a fix may only be available for Deadline 10. I’ll see what we come back with. Can you verify the second result was not an anomaly and reproduce it, then right away try to submit with a normal 1-100 frame formatting? Thanks

Sorry for late response – I haven’t checked back in a while (I’m going to look in my prefs and see if I can get email notifications to thread responses?).

To answer your questions, yes it was consistently repeatable and in fact actually caused some sort of crash with the Maya Deadline submission script that necessitated a restart. So submitting immediately with normal forward frame order wasn’t possible until that was done.

Thanks.

I’d expect the failure in the first one meant that the file handle was still open.

E-mail repsonses require subscribing to the thread at the bottom.

Update: It looks like we’ve added a little thing to 10.0 SP17 that might apply:

Deadline now respects the custom V-Ray frame list that is set in the Maya render settings.

We’re working on getting that out the door. Are you able to upgrade? It’ll require an updated license and a full re-install. Details here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … downgrades

If nothing else it’ll give us a good foundation to work from.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences