AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Mayabatch / Arnold: kill task by string but mark success

Hello.

I have a case where Arnold needs a sustantial amount of time for “releasing resources” from memory at the end of the actual rendering process, that is after the image(s) have already been written. I am in contact with the Solidangle support. They say, this was reported in the past (2016?), but possibly not resolved, because it’s connected to some Windows memory management routine.

Until there is a proper solution/fix, I need to kill the task if the “releasing resources” string appears, but mark the task successful.
Can anyone give a brief instruction how to set this up please?

Thanks

Specs: Win7SP1x64, Maya 2018.3

Hello,

So it looks what you want is AbortRender, outlined at docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … 5b63f85422 for your convenience. Think that will help?

Dwight, thank you. That’s a start. Will dig into it asap and let you know.

Nando

Got it to work. Actually this was a good excercise for a better understanding of what’s going on in general.
I addionally added an option in the Maya submitter to have control over the abort function.

There is one more thing I’d like to do. Is it possible to change the status of tasks/jobs which were “Completed” that way, so that they are marked “Completed (Abort)”? I haven’t found yet something in the Scripting Reference. I though found the Job and Task classes (besides the “SetStatusMessage” function for slaves), but I don’t know how to proceed.

As a side note: there is an alternative “abort” function for this case, which I guess, is a wrapper function for AbortRender: Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.ExitWithSuccess()
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … 23b79623cd

Thanks!

Ah, ExitWithSuccess(). There was a time when it wasn’t and actually didn’t work. I think these days it does just call that under the hood. I’ll have to remember that.

For the task status, unfortunately that column is fed by an enum and doesn’t support custom text. You could try updating the task collection’s ExtraInfoX columns yourself and use that. I’m having trouble trying to find that so I’ll ask around today, but if that’s something you want to play with we’ll explore there.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences