AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini HDA Setup

We’ve got the general Deadline submitter working in Houdini but I’ve tried to use the HDA as well and I’m getting an error:

The path to the deadline folder is correct as it appears in the error, also the DEADLINE_PATH variable is set to the install location of Deadline 10. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Hello,

Can you advise your full Deadline version number? Want to make sure we’re looking at the right version when we investigate.

Cheers,

Dwight

I’ve just upgraded us to 10.0.16.5 and it’s still doing it.

We’re also seeing an issue when creating a geometry ROP erroring when submitted to Deadline (it works fine if I run it from within Houdini).

It seems likes it’s an issue when we relative link the path for a digital asset (a filecache node in this case), this doesn’t seem to be resolved correctly? As I said I can run it fine in Houdini and I can also send the filecache node it’s referencing to Deadline and have it render properly…

Thanks

Nick

When you upgraded, did you also update the Deadline ROP installation? The ROP node doesn’t work like the integrated submitter (automatically updates by upgrading the repository).

The error message of:

was just a generic message we had before. But it really fires any time something goes wrong during the submission process. So I wouldn’t worry about that, I think it’s more about the fact that the node previously had a bug with the submit scene property, but testing with 10.0.16.5 (and re-installing the node) I encounter no issues. Can you let me know if running the client installer fixes the submit scene issue?

As for the geometry/filecache node issue. I believe we currently have an issue with not handling file cache nodes properly, but I’m not sure if that’s actually what’s going on here.

Error: Unable to read file "*/Bubbles/geo/bubbles_sim/bubbles2_sim_0000.bgeo.sc

Is the “*/” meant to be there? Fairly certain it should only be able to handle periods for relative paths. Does it work if you change the format? Does it work if you input the full paths?

Cheers

Hi Morgan, I’ll check the install. I didn’t update the client. The *is just me removing the project name. The file path as it was originally was valid.

Hi Morgan, HDA is working now. But still having the file cache problem. Slightly different error this time I think.

Hey Nick,

Can you send a minimal reproduction case of this latest error? You can e-mail it to support@thinkboxsoftware.com if you don’t want it public.

It appears as though when we’re grabbing the inputs for one the nodes that the list of nodes contains an entry which isn’t actually a node (“None”). Which is odd, because it probably has at least one input because we’re not getting an empty list.

Cheers

Hey Nick,

I’ve taken a look at the file you sent privately. It looks like you’ve somehow got a stray input connection to the one Deadline HDA (mesh). If you click on the Deadline node, scroll down to the input operators and remove the blank line that should remove the current error you’re getting. Not sure how that can happen (if you reorder the input operators it’ll disappear…), but let me know how that goes.

I’ll also be adding a fix to the Houdini ROP submission code to address if this thing comes up again (ignoring the blank input connections).

Cheers

Sounds like a bug in Houdini then! Thanks for having a look, I’ll keep working with it and hopefully I won’t come across anything else! :smiley:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences