AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline and AWS Portal Link mismatch

Hi All

As a result of trying to find the cause of the InvalidAccessKeyId error mentioned in the post below, I have encountered another error.

https://forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=16131

In C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\AWSPortalLink\AWSPortalLink-UKW01-2018-06-04-0000.log this error is logged:

I’m running the latest AWSPortalLink version 1.0.17. What mismatch is the exception refering to?

Deadline Client Version: 10.0.16.5 Release (c7fafb65b)
FranticX Client Version: 2.4.0.0 Release (a9285251c)
Repository Version: 10.0.16.5 (c7fafb65b)
Integration Version: 10.0.16.5 (c7fafb65b)
3PL Settings Version: 02/04/2018

Help much appreciated, not quite sure how to continue debugging this and running out of time. Would be sad to resort to the old manual cloud method!

Hey Dave,

Can you double check that your RCS is running version sp16. Do you have any Deadline Monitors connecting to the farm with the AWS Portal Panel open that are on sp14 or earlier? That could possibly cause some issues, you will want to upgrade those to sp16 as well. If none of those things work I would try re-installing the Deadline Client and then restart the AWS Portal Link Service.

Regards,

Charles

In the end Edwin’s response to my other related post solved this issue

https://forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16131&p=74599#p74599

Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I’m getting this ‘There was a version mismatch between Deadline and AWS Portal Link.’ error once more and can’t figure out how to debug it. I have inserted some extra logging into ssh_tunnel_dispatcher.py and this is the output

According to this the data variable is empty.

I’ve just reinstalled 10.0.16.6 client and AWS Portal Link, have deadlinercs running without any issues, and can’t think what to try next.

Any help progressing this is much appreciated, deadline is looking so hoping to be able to use AWS Portal rather than resort to old methods.

Deadline Client Version: 10.0.16.6 Release (c18da6bc1)
FranticX Client Version: 2.4.0.0 Release (a9285251c)

Thanks

Hey Dave,

Did you take a look at my previous suggestions for this issue? Do you have any Deadline Monitors connected to the farm with the AWS Portal Panel open that is not Deadline 10.0.16.6? Is your RCS running version 10.0.16.6? Are there any other errors in the log, or errors in the Asset Server log? Quick tip is to rename the current logs and then restart the services to get some fresh logs.

Regards,

Charles

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences