AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

ftrack with maya and render layers

Setting up ftrack at our studio. Have it configured with the event setup through Deadline Monitor.

Software versions:
Deadline 10
Maya 2017/2018 latest versions.

Using the supplied “Submit Job to Deadline” script.
Submit Render Layers As Separate Jobs is enabled.
In the “Pipeline Tools > Project Management” tab, is there a way to append the render layer names into the Version Description? or anywhere else for that matter?

Currently ftrack uses the same Asset name for each render layer, so once they show up in ftrack all have the same name with a v1, v2, v3, etc suffix. Not helpful.

Hello,

Unfortunately it does not look like we have any method for passing arbitrary properties into the version descriptions.

I think it would require some scripting within the Deadline plugins. Is that something you folks would be comfortable handling? I can point you in the right direction and provide resources.

We have yet to look at scripting with ftrack. One artist here is semi knowledgeable in python so I may lean on him to begin with. Any direction is also appreciated :smiley:

Hello eamsler, I was wondering if you could point to plugins, and where they are located, that pertain to the Ftrack .

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences