AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Python API missing module?

I was trying to utilize the Scripting module:

from Deadline.Scripting import *

But python kept throwing errors saying it couldn’t find it. So I checked out the API folder I put in my site-packages directory and noticed that there’s no Scripting.py file. Is this intentional?

You will not find the internal api .py files as they are compiled in one of the dll’s that comes with your deadline install.

Ah OK. Well I was looking at it in the context of the API found here:

DeadlineRepository10\api\python\Deadline

Hey James! That’s a whole other can of worms. That is the “Standalone Python API” and is documented over here:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … index.html

The problem is that there is no “Scripting” module there… Can you run your code through deadlinecommand executescriptnogui <script path>?

Hey Edwin, thanks for the help. I was testing out some parts of the Modo.py plugin and I didn’t actually need any of the Deadline modules.

Well then! I guess I’ll wait until you do. :smiley:

Do you have, or are you willing to supply, an abstract python module to use with auto complete and intellisense? Similar to how the Autodesk team have done it with their Maya API/cmds?

I’m sure this would be helpful for the community as well, not just myself :slight_smile: At least this way, you can let your IDE/linter work their magic in the background while you write code.

Cheers

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences