AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini prepost dependency

Does Deadline support the PrePost ROP node for building up dependencies? I haven’t had luck getting it to work for me.

I’m trying to run a simulation that caches out geometry, then run a playblast preview, then export a collection of Alembic sequences. When I wire the OpenGL playblast node directly to the sim node it runs the simulation on every frame even though the preview is only loading the cached data.

So I added a prepost node to run the sim in “pre”, then the rest of the steps in “main” but Deadline isn’t picking up the fact that the “main” plug depends on the “pre” plug.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this not supported in Deadline right now? Any of you gurus know of a workaround to get one-click submission working with this kind of setup and not have to manually setup the dependency in Deadline Monitor?

That’s a little bit over my head, but in general you’re likely using a node we don’t have a special case for. Can you make a simple reproduction case for the team to work with?

I’m also wondering if the cached SIM data might be relative to the HIP file and you may be submitting that along with the job which would break the relative pathing. I’ve definitely seen that before, even without the new Deadline ROP node.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences