AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error: "3dsmaxProcess" has exited or been terminated.

Hey,

it’s me - the newbie again :smiley:

At our small renderfarm I’ve some nodes that are not rendering 3dsmax-jobs anymore. I’m not sure if it came with the Deadline 10.16 update or the Windows 10 (1803) Update but I’m sure that something happen because these maschines even run smoothly. The given error by Deadline is:
Error: 3dsmax startup: Error getting connection from 3dsmax: Monitored managed process “3dsmaxProcess” has exited or been terminated.

That is indicating a problem with IPv6 (docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … s-max.html) but I’m not sure if this problem is still current (?).

The errors only occur while running the slave as the deadlinelauncher-service but not while the slave is running as a “normal” artist user. But the same service user is running fine on other nodes with the same setup (Windows/Max/Deadline/Vray versions).

Does anyone have an idea how to get to the bottom of the cause?

Attached you can find a log of a failed rendernode.

Cheers!

Nevermind!

After reading this thread and especially this post from MikeOwen I add the service user to a local admin group and voila - everthing is running smoothly again.

But seriously: it was working all the time without special rights and suddenly the service-user needs administrative rights?

Cheers!
Simon

1 Like

I think im having a similar issue but our user on the computers has admin rights. Not sure whats going on with it on our end. Seems to be 4 of our cpu’s with windows 10.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences