AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline and Anima issue

Hello
I am trying to render a scene with Anima characters in it, but Deadline comes back with some weird errors.
“WARNING: material Eyes_Mouth has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: vertex program PBR_VP cannot be used - not supported.
Pass 0: vertex program PBR_MRT_VP cannot be used - not supported.”

“WARNING: polygon_point.mesh is in older format (MeshSerializer_v1.8)); you should upgrade it as soon as possible using the OgreMeshUpgrade tool.
Mesh: Loading reference_point.mesh”

Also, I’ve read that there are some issues with Anima rendering with deadline.
Is there a solution for that, or i should vertex bake all the characters?
Thanks.

I’m actually not sure on this one. The folks at AXYZ are pretty knowledgeable here and I’ve worked with them a few times in the past. I’d reach out to them and see if they have some insights here.

If there are issues, I’m not familiar with any outstanding ones. Because it’s considered a simulation, often that throws people for a loop and results come out a bit odd.

Thanks,Edwin.
So it may be an error in the scene or something in the Anima settings?
As locally it renders just fine.

wiki.unity3d.com/index.php/MeshSerializer

MeshSerializer and “Ogre” references is technology from the “Unity” game-engine.

Do you have Unity installed on your local machine but not on all your rendernodes?

There is more than one product called: “ANIMA” out there…Maybe ANIMA in Unity?
assetstore.unity.com/packages/e … ma2d-79840

Either way, those errors look like BUGS that whichever ANIMA dev team should fix for you :wink:

Hi Mike,
An interesting thing, how Unity can interfere with AXYZ Anima? I am talking specifically about AXYZ Anima characters and their plugin.
Will try to install Unity on both machines, though.
Thanks for a hint, if that will not be resolved, I will address AXYZ.

I noticed my reply before wasn’t very clear: If it’s a simulation, often if you do not constrain it to a single large task it’s possible that for every machine that picks it up, the simulation will either start from the beginning on every machine or every machine will begin simulating from the start and catch up. Anima may not be that intensive, but usually constraining it to a single machine is an easy way to work around issues.

Also, I’d suggest trying the scene on one of the render nodes if you can. That can require forming a partnership with the IT folks to let you try it out, but it tends to be helpful to test the scene where it’s not working.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences