AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya "Renumber frames" option no working correctly

I’m not sure if this issue has been raised before but we ran into a problem with renders using the “Renumber frames” option in Maya render settings for renumbering a rendered image sequence.
We had an animation framerange that started in negative numbers and finished on positive numbers so we wanted to renumber the output frames to start at 001 so that the image sequence would be read correctly in comp.
Basically all the frames were being rendered as frame 001, instead of offsetting the frame numbers to start at 001, which meant that the sequence didn’t render.
Also because we had multiple slaves rendering, they would pick up other frames and see that another task was rendering frame 001 and would then skip the task, but that task would be marked as Completed.

We were using Redshift v2.6.12 and Maya 2018.2.

We found out later that the “Frame Number Offset” option in the Deadline submitter UI does the trick, but I thought I would raise this issue in case other users come across this too, as we lost quite some time trying to figure out why an entire night’s worth of renders failed.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences