AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error with Certificate

Could not connect to deadline repository. Could not find a certificate with matching private key. Please see attached.

Please see attachments for errors.

When I try to start the slave I get Error1.

Please help.

Thank you.

It seems like your pem file is either missing for that machine, or its using the IP address and because it’s modified date is different from Deadline10Client.pfx they’re likely not matched to each other. Here’s mine:

[attachment=0]2018-06-29 11_02_32-ShellView.png[/attachment]

What I would do is perform a Database “relocation” onto the same machine so you can regenerate your SSL certs and see if that helps. Docs here:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … ating.html

If I recall correctly, when installing the entire deadline system I only installed the certificate at the very end as it asked me when deadline was starting up for the first time.

Instead of migrating the database as it seems like a mission, could I just reinstall all the deadline components from scratch and just install the certificate at the right point?

If so what is the right point to install it?

PS. If I remember correctly there was no instructions in the installation guide to install the certificate, I think that’s why I never did it in the first place (correct me if i am wrong).

Ah, don’t use the Certificate Installer. :smiley:

We just had dev chat today about hiding it in the Repository where no clients might find it without the documentation, as the certs you’ll use for the database are actually installed when running the Repository installer. It should happen just before the step where it starts copying files onto disk. Installing a new DB will do it for you.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences