AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Submiting maya2018 redshift error with AOV

After recent update to redshift 2.6.14 I can;t submit redshift jobs to deadline.
I’m getting this error:

// Error: file: //proliantg6/DeadlineRepository10/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel line 5389: Number of arguments on call to redshiftGetAovImageName does not match number of parameters in procedure definition. //

As soon as I turn of all AOV it submits normally. Any ideas?
Deadline version is 10.15.5, planing to upgrade to latest one, hopefully it wont remove my tasks that are already in deadline? :slight_smile:
After updating/reinstalling repository it will keep all jobs in there? Can’t really remember now it’s bin a while since I did update with full queue

UPDATE:
Updated deadline to 10.17.5 but still same issue. Got note from Redshift guys as well:

“This needs some attention from the Deadline developers since the arguments of the redshiftGetAovImageName have changed with the introduction of light groups.”

Would appreciate some input when there is a chance :slight_smile:
Thanks

Yeah, we just heard from them a couple of days ago. I’ll throw you into the list, but for now it may make sense to downgrade to Redshift 2.6.12 in the mean time if you can swing that.

just wondering how is progress on this. got some bug fixes in latest rs 2.6.15 but submitting with AOV still isn’t working so looking forward for that.
thanks

Hey,

Edit: I’d forgotten to attach a dependency for the script (update to AssetTools), make sure to download that as well and copy it over.

The fix will be in the next release of Deadline, but attached is the submission file that should resolve this issue for you.

Back up “DeadlineRepository10/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel” and unzip the attached file and put it in that location.
Back-up “DeadlineRepository10/plugins/MayaBatch/AssetTools.mel” and unzip the attached file there.

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers

Hey there,

Tried this new submitter and got the following error:

// Error: file: //hydra/ThinkboxTwo/DeadlineRepository10/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel line 9169: Cannot find procedure “get_redshift_cache_files”. //

Maya 2018.3
Redshift 2.6.14
Deadline 10

same here, sry a bit slower reply, just a bit busy at the moment but manged to test out fast.

Yikes, looks like I missed a dependency. That new function is located in AssetTools, which I’ve attached.

Back-up “DeadlineRepository10\plugins\MayaBatch\AssetTools.mel” and unzip the attached file there.

it works now!
thanks

Thanks for confirming, I’ve updated my first post with the fix to include that.

Cheers

Am I blind? I can’t see the attached files. I need to render something with AOVs fast and don’t have the luxury of upgrading/downgrading software on the entire farm right now.

If there’s still a way to download these mel files it would help a ton!

No, you’re not blind. Some attachments were lost during the upgrade.

The upgrade process is re-installing the Repository, then restarting the Slaves when you’re able. In fact, if you’re just shooting for upgraded submission scripts you don’t even need to do the automatic upgrade of the upgrade doc, though it’s highly recommended.

I’ll ask to see if the team still have the files for this one though if coordinating with a team to do the upgrade is the difficult part here.

Update: After talking with the dev team, there were multiple files that were changed and the safest option is going to be going through the minor upgrade which is just a bigger download and you’ll have to have access to the Repository machine to be able to install it.

Having the submission error re:AOV
// Error: file: //hydra/ThinkboxTwo/DeadlineRepository10/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel line 3153: Number of arguments on call to redshiftGetAovImageName does not match number of parameters in procedure definition. //

Using Maya 2018.4 - Redshift 2.6.21 - Deadline 10.0.12.1 Release (1281798c0)

Will the current Repository Upgrade fix this for us?

Yup. It’s been in there for awhile. We’re at 10.0.20 these days.

Update: To download the latest version of Deadline, grab it from here.

Just an update: I have a customer on a ticket who’s now seeing this with Deadline 10.0.20 and Redshift 2.6.19. Does anyone know if they’ve reverted that function to the old standard?

Are they perhaps running a custom submitter? I haven’t seen it re-appear yet. I took a look at redshift 2.6.21 and it’s still defined with 4 parameters (instead of the previous 3):

redshiftGetAovImageName(string $aovNode, int $temp, string $camera, int $insertLightGroup)

Cheers

They’ve checked the source code from the stack trace. I’ve set up a call for this afternoon to check it out and I’ll report back here.

I keep getting this same error with maya 2018.3 and redshift 2.6.32
// Error: line 0: Number of arguments on call to redshiftGetAovImageName does not match number of parameters in procedure definition.

Only on this specific scene, can create a new scene with aov and it submits fine, also i imported the entire scene into a new one and still it gives this error, so it is somehow attached to the scene but not the render settings.

So I seem to have gotten rid of it by deleting all unknown nodes from my scene, deleting all non deformer history, deleting all unused shaders and layers.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences