AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

renderers.current.fileName_addDot not working in 2019?

i’m trying to figure out why deadline 10 and max 2019 changes the names of my files from 30000 to 30.000…
this only happens with 2019 … I tried with the same vray (next) and the same deadline (10.0.16.6) and max 2018, and it worked as usual…

the “fun” thing is that the files are called _30.000.png but deadline think’s the files should be called _30000.png when I check “view output”!

I reported this to vlado too, since I don’t know who can fix this… really hope it’s not something we need autodesk to fix … :confused:

ps renderers.current.fileName_addDot set to true or false makes no difference at all in 2019!

Ah, yes. So, Autodesk changed the C++ number casting function to put in the thousands separator. I think we’ve got a fix for that, but it may be coming in the next release. Let me see if I can find what we did there…

THANKS !!! :slight_smile:

Watching…

Hey all,

So 10.0.17 should have the fixed rolled into it, so upgrade when you can (usual downloads.thinkboxsoftware.com thing there).

The details of the fix seems to be to change from using boost::lexical_cast() to cast ints to strings because the locale was changed from the “C” locale, and when we need to get those non-thousands-style numbers we set the locale ourselves in a helper function.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences