AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya Arnold submission and render layers

Hi,

I have a reasonably simple maya scene with a couple of render layers. Our system works from generating arnold render asset files and then rendering through a stanalone arnold kcik job. Whenever I submit to deadline I get three jobs, one generating asset files and each render layer as its own arnold render, in this case two, for a total of three jobs. The problem is this, the asset generation only creates asset files for one of the render layers, not both.

Am I missing something?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Have you found your solution? I’m also facing the same issue.

Can you guys provide a test scene I can pass along? This one’s new to me and it’ll save me the learning curve of setting up render layers. :slight_smile:

I did find “solution” instead of rendering out separate asset files and rendering from them I instead used the Maya submitter. In there you can set which renderer you want to use (Arnold in our case) and any rendering parameters you need. In the advanced tab there are options to turn off strict error checking and to tell deadline that the file uses legacy render layers. This skips the process of asset files completely and render everything together. Not a useful solution if you require the asset files for another purpose but in my case it turns out the asset generation isn’t necessary and is an obsolete part of the pipeline.

Tom

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences