AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Anyone using the Media Encoder in Deadline?

The subject says it all.
I would love to hear from anyone using the Media Encoder through Deadline on their farm.
I’ve spent so much time trying to get this to work, and I have never managed it :frowning:

AME just starts and then closes again on the slaves.
The task report isn’t very helpful, and the AME logfile isn’t either.
I’m starting to think it’s something to do with our farm setup, which is why I would love to hear from anyone actually using AME in Deadline.
Basically I would love to hear exactly how they implemented it, maybe I’m just missing something in my setup.

Cheers,

Dave

The big questions are:

1. What version of AME?
  2. What version of Deadline?

Our support in AME is somewhat special and is on a “best effort” basis. If it’s closing as soon as it starts up though, I’d think that either something’s changed there or there’s some error coming up. Because it’s not being run in the usual way on Deadline, there isn’t much in the way of standard output if I recall correctly. I’d normally try and start the program from the command line, but the path won’t show in the log.

Best guess if it’s not starting up is that something may be occupying its listening port. There’s an override for both the host name and port in AME’s configuration file:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … eb-service

I’d try maybe something other than “8080”. “127.0.0.1” is a good IP for this though.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences