AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

RenderMan 22 Support

Hello!

Not to be that guy, but I have a question regarding RenderMan 22 support. Should the current latest version of Deadline support RenderMan 22 standalone (and Maya), or will we need to wait (patiently) for an update? If the latter, is there a potential ETA? It’s a pretty big update, not quite sure how much so for developers of render managers. :smiley:

Just curious as I’ve made R22 available to users to download at will and play around with, but can’t thoroughly test on the farm as it’s in the process of being moved while deploying the tools to their storage center. RenderMan 21.7 is still there and available for use, though.

Cheers,
Mike

Nah, we need more… “those people”?

I’ve opened an issue here, but you’re the first to ask for it. In general, adding new support is light weight and when a renderer runs inside another application, it’s usually only an issue if they break backward compatibility. If you’re regularly using standalone through the Monitor, you can try configuring v22 to an older version and see if it works in the mean time.

I’ve raised it with the guys, but if anyone else is waiting on us or know it’s broken somehow, feel free to speak up here.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences