AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

add mtoa version to Job's PluginInfoDict

Hello Deadline community,

I’m currently in the process of updating our farm from Royal Render to Deadline. I’m hoping I didn’t overlook something in the manual, but I have not been able to find a clear solution yet on how to approach this problem. Is there a way to grab the version of mtoa using the integrated submission script for Maya and tack it into the Job’s Plugin Info Dictionary? The end goal would be to use it with a JobPreLoad.py to configure a client’s Maya plugins environment.

Any advice or thoughts on approaching this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
-Alex

There isn’t a way that’s built in…

I think you would have to create a custom fork of the Maya submitter that lives at “[repo]/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel” and add the code around “Plugin=MayaBatch” to include the ExtraInfoKeyValueX you wanted to include:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … extra-info

Hey eamsler,

I realized I never replied to thank you for your response. Thank you! We were able to successfully get it working from your suggestion. On a side note, that SubmitMayaToDeadline mel script is a beast! :open_mouth:

For future reference, here’s the snippet we added into the default submission script:

if ( $renderer == "arnold" )
{
    string $mtoaVersion = `pluginInfo -query -version "mtoa"`;
    fprint $fileId ( "ExtraInfoKeyValue0=MTOA_VERSION=" + $mtoaVersion + "\n");
}

Thanks again,
-Alex

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences