AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

error -1073741819

my render is crashing and giving me this error -1073741819.
any ideas what that error means? 

That error is the result of a memory access violation in the renderer.

Check out this thread:

http://support.franticfilms.com/wb/default.asp?action=9&read=84&fid=7&BoardID=2#311

Cheers,

I got this error from Maya 8.5.  I added this line.

CheckReturnCode=if( ReturnCode() != 0 ) { if( ReturnCode() !=
-1073741819 ) { FailRender( "Renderer returned non-zero error code, " ..
ReturnCode() ); }

Still not rendering and the new error is:

Exception during render: Expecting expression after : ReturnCode() !=

thanks for your help

Try changing:

-1073741819 ) { FailRender( "Renderer returned non-zero error code, " …

ReturnCode() ); }

to

-1073741819 ) { FailRender( "Renderer returned non-zero error code, " …

ReturnCode() ); } }

It looks like you were just missing the extra ‘}’ at the end of the line.

Cheers,

Sorry,  i had the extra bracket in my file.  I copy and pasted it wrong on the previous posting.  So i still have the same error.  thanks

Make sure you have the code all on the same line. I just realized that copying and pasting it from the forum places the code on three lines. I’m sure that’s the problem.

Cheers,

• Ryan

The errors are now gone and task manager shows the job as rendered and 100% completed.  However when I browse the folder only a few frames have rendered.  The job did not finish.  Thanks again.

Carl

The errors are now gone and task manager shows the job as rendered and 100% completed.  However when I browse the folder only a few frames have rendered.  The job did not finish.  Thanks again.

Carl

Carl

Since that error code represents a Memory Access Violation, it could very well be possible that the render is running into memory problems, which can result in unpredictable results. That would explain why some frames render and some don’t.

For a frame that didn’t render, right-click on its corresponding tasks in the Deadline Monitor and select Task Reports -> View Log Reports. This will allow you to view the log that was saved for that frame. Look through the log to see if there are any warning or error messages that might explain the problem. If you’d like, you can post a log for a missing frame here for us to take a look at.

When this error code was being returned by After Effects and XSI, it didn’t seem to affect the final results the majority of the time. However, this is the first time we’ve heard of this problem with Maya, so it’s possible that the error is the result of memory issues with rendering this particular scene. Do you get this error code with every Maya scene you’ve tried to render, or just with this one?

Cheers,

• Ryan

Carl

Hey guys,

We’re having a few problems configuring our renderfarm for XSI, we’re also getting the -1073741819 error. I tried the fix mentioned above but it doesn’t seem to do anything (also amended the ReturnCodes ToIgnore).

We’ve got 14 blades in our farm, 2 are working fine, but the others are giving the -1073741819 error, even though they should have identical installs/configurations.

Any suggestions?

The fix mentioned above should solve the problem. Do you get a different

error after you made the change? Maybe there might be a syntax problem?

It’s worth noting though that this “fix” only tells Deadline to ignore

the problem, so even if you got this working, there could still be

unpredictable results (like missing frames). Do you get this error with

all of your scenes, or is it one in particular? Have you tried rendering

very simple scenes to see if you have the same problem?

Cheers,

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the quick reply. The error appears to stay the same after the change, I copied & pasted the string from the forum so I’m sure the syntax is ok (I removed the line breaks as well).

After a bit of tinkering 2 more blades have come up, but I’m not entirely sure why to be honest. I methodically went through each blade in turn checking settings, etc, so they should all be the same.

Frames seem to be rendering ok anyway. The error is happening with all scenes, the simplest scene we’ve tried (and had the error with) is one sphere :wink:

Just to make sure we’re doing things right, the dlinit file in the repository is the only thing that needs amending? There’s no other local tweaks we should make?

Cheers,

Jon

Hey Jon,

I overlooked the fact that we added explicit return code checking to the

XSI plugin so that you can add custom error codes to ignore through the

XSI plugin configuration. I know you mentioned tinkering with this

already, but let’s “reset” and try again. First, undo any changes you

made to the dlinit file, since everything is already handled in the

CheckReturnCode.ffs file. Then go to the XSI plugin configuration in the

Monitor and add -1073741819 to the list of error codes to ignore. Then

restart the slave applications so that they recognize the change

immediately and try again. If you still get an error, can you send us

the error report? I just want to make sure that the CheckReturnCode.ffs

code is at least executing.

Cheers,

Hey Ryan,

We’ve found what the problem might be (or at least a way around it!). There were various versions of XSI on each blade, but 6.0 seems to be the culprit. Uninstalling that seems to have fixed the problem, even though we’ve still got multiple other versions installed.

Do you still want me to try the stuff you mentioned above?

Btw, we’ve just been discussing how awesomely good the support you guys provide is, thanks!

Hey Jon,

That’s great to hear that you may have found the source of the problem.

If uninstalling XSI 6.0 seems to solve the problem, then I wouldn’t

worry about altering the XSI plugin. That -1073741819 error represents a

memory issue, so solving the root of the problem instead of ignoring it

is definitely the way to go! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Hey Ryan,

Cool, I tried that thing before reading your reply, and it’s still working fine :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences