AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

do deadline save the scene?

i am wandering if deadline is saving my scene each time i run a render!

it seems to me that each time i run a render a copy of the scene is saved in the repository.

but is it truth that the scene i am working on is saved in my project too?

it it is…is possible to disable the scene saving in my project?

thanks in advance!

mat

Hi Mat,

The saving of the scene is done inside the submission script, and is

done to ensure the updated scene file is submitted to the repository.

Otherwise, you could make changes, hit submit, but because the scene

wasn’t saved, those changes won’t be recognized. If you want to disable

the saving of the scene, you’ll have to modify the submission script

manually. If you let us know which software you’re submitting from, we

can help point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

i was asking this becouse it may happen that ,ie, one have to open a scene raise the smooth value then launch a render, and then closing without saving would let the scene with no smooth, let’s say just to run a render doing a little tweak that have not to be saved…

now i have to do a save as of my scene so i can keep a copy with the original settings…

i was wandering if were possible to launch a render using the open scene and saving it directly in the repository, instead of saving directly the scene in the project…

prehaps would be great to have the possibility to choose if you wanna save the project file too…or not…

it may create confusion…don’t know…

what do you think about?

i was asking this becouse it may happen that ,ie, one have to open a scene raise the smooth value then launch a render, and then closing without saving would let the scene with no smooth, let’s say just to run a render doing a little tweak that have not to be saved…

now i have to do a save as of my scene so i can keep a copy with the original settings…

i was wandering if were possible to launch a render using the open scene and saving it directly in the repository, instead of saving directly the scene in the project…

prehaps would be great to have the possibility to choose if you wanna save the project file too…or not…

it may create confusion…don’t know…

what do you think about?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences