AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

RepositorySetupWizard.exe runtime error

Hi, im looking into your render management software and downloaded the free trial in order to test it out.

I’m having several errors in installation. I receive an error message window:

RepositorySetupWizard.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Servies

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x6ec (1772), Thread id=0x1728 (5928)

Click OK to terminate the application.

So as such I am unable to test this at all! Is there a solution?

I am using Deadline Release 2.6.24779. I have downloaded the dotnet 1.1 release from microsoft (dotnetfx.exe 23.1mb)

One furthur problem is when requesting a trial mode version, nothing is ever emailed to my address??

cheers

Hi there,

That’s strange that you’re the wizard is crashing on you, especially if the .NET 1.1 runtime has already been installed on the repository machine. Can you provide some specs regarding the machine you’re installing the Deadline Repository on? If, for whatever reason, you can not get the repository wizard to run, there is a workaround.

First, you must create a network share to the repository folder manually. This can either be a mapped network drive or a UNC path. Either way, your slave machines must all be able to access the repository folder. If you have any questions on this step, let us know.

Second, after you’ve installed the Deadline Client on one of your slave machines, open the Deadline Monitor and select Tools -> Super User, then select Tools -> Configure Repository. The options presented here are the same as those presented in the Repository Wizard. After configuring everything, click OK. Again, if you have any questions during this step. let us know.

After these two steps, you should be good to go.

With regards to receiving a trial license, we have to be in the office to receive your request, and since it’s the weekend, that’s probably why you haven’t received anything yet. If you filled out the request form prior to the weekend, then there’s the odd chance we may have missed your request or it got lost, in which case you should email us your license server information (host name and MAC address) to software (at) franticfilms.com. In either case, we will process your request first thing Monday morning.

Cheers,

• Ryan
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences