AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Configuration doesn't see running Launchers

Hello all,

I’m just at the beginning stages of evaluating Deadline. I’ve followed the Installation Guide but I’m encountering an issue with the Deadline Configuration during my first setup attempt.

I have the license file and the Repository on a machine on the network (dolly-4). I’ve installed Client on my local box (HP40), and also on dolly-4 for troubleshooting purposes. When I launch the Slave on HP40, and also run the Monitor, I can see HP40 as idle – so that’s fine. If I launch the Slave on dolly-4, I can also see it as idle in the Monitor. I can also right-click and VNC into dolly-4 from the Monitor running on HP40, and can File->Explore Repository Root to dolly-4 successfully as well.

When I run Deadline Configuration, it sees the correct domain that all the computers reside on (guru-domain). I click the Thorough Search, and it sees all the computers, but lists the Launcher version as No Response for every one. At the least I would expect to see HP40 and dolly-4 show up – especially dolly-4 as it should see its own Launcher running.

HP40 is a WinXP SP2 box

dolly-4 is a Win2K SP4 box

Any ideas that I could explore? I can provide more info as well. I’m a novice with Windows networking issues, so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

-DW

Hi Dean,

Check out the second question in the Network Configuration FAQ here:

http://software.franticfilms.com/index.aspx?page=deadline/configuration/network/faq

Hopefully the provides the solution to your problem!

Cheers,

Hi Ryan,

Worked perfectly…I missed the FAQs (smacks forehead).

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Cheers,

-DW

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences