AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya render layer and variables in naming

Me again…

If you plan to upgrade for maya2008, I will just notice one thing:

In maya you are able to use variables in the “render settings” for the filename.

e.g. I can use:

So If I set up the name with

//myImages

Maya creates the directories with the naming of the actual renderlayer/actualCameraName/myimages.####.iff

However, if I use this syntax deadline says the image names are invalid. It would be usefull if we can use this varis…

Here a copy&paste from the maya doc:

--------------------------------------

Creating subfolders and filenames for rendered images

The following rendered image filename options and tags can be combined to create subfolders and custom image names for rendered images. Enter these options in the File Name Prefix field of the Render Settings: Common tab.

Use the tags in conjunction with different separators between them. To create subfolders, use the / (slash) separator as in //. Use any other separator, for example, _(underscore) and -(dash), to separate the tags in your image file name.

You can repeat options within the specification, and you can also specify any text you like in the image file name or path (for example, .TEST or _final to indicate the kind of render that you are performing).

Rendered image filename options (tags)

Adds the layer name to the created subfolder or image file name (for example, layer1).

If more than one pass is created for the layer, then pass names are appended to the layer name. The format used is layer_pass (for example, layer1_beauty). For more information on passes see Render passes.

Adds the scene name to your subfolder or image file name.

Adds the renderable camera name to the created subfolder or image file name (for example, camera1).

If your scene is set to render fields, then field names are appended to the name; for example, camera_odd or camera_even.

Adds the version label that you have selected to the created subfolder or image file name. This option can be a numeric version number, the current date, the current time, or any custom version label. Customize this tag in the Advanced Image Naming section of the Render Settings window.

Hey there,

This is a known issue. The images are rendered to their correct

location, but when you right-click on the task in the Monitor, Deadline

messes up the output filename. Believe it or not, we haven’t found a

straight forward way of resolving this path in melscript before passing

it on to Deadline. We were planning on revisiting this bug when

re-tooling the plugins for Deadline 3.0.

Cheers,

I believe! :wink:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences