AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

force "mark as Complete"

I’m rendering with Maya and something weird is going on. The first task renders fine, and deadline marks it as complete. On every other task i get

0: STDOUT: RC // Maya exited with status 1

0: INFO: Process return code: 1

and the task is marked as bad and the slave starts to render it again, though all the files are rendered ok. I tried to put in MayaErrorParsing.ffs the line with “Maya exited with status 1” and it worked, though I still got an error logged. The problem is that the task isn’t marked as “Completed” and the next available slave picks it up and starts to render it. I tried to use “Ignore Bad Job Detection, Failed Job Detection and Failed Task Detection”, but it didn’t work. So is there a way to force a task to be marked as completed?

Hi Oleg,

Whenever Maya exits with a non-zero error code, it means that something

has gone wrong with Maya. Whether this actually affects the rendered

images or not is a different story. By default, Deadline will fail the

render whenever a non-zero error code is returned, but you can work

around this. Check out this thread, which helped another user get around

another non-zero error code:

http://support.franticfilms.com/WB/?boardID=Frantic&action=9&read=639&fid=7

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ryan, Thanks for the link. I looked at it and then I looked at the render logs to see if there’s any error that I can identify.

The only thing that was a warning was this:

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “value” is type vector, “maya_file” returns type color

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “value” is type vector, “maya_file” returns type color

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “input2” is type vector, “maya_ramp” returns type color

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “value” is type color, “maya_multdiv” returns type vector

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “value” is type color, “maya_contrast” returns type vector

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “color” is type color, “maya_contrast” returns type vector

0: STDOUT: API 0.0 warn 302018: type conflict: “color” is type color, “maya_contrast” returns type vector

Aside from that I didn’t see any error messages (unless I missed something). I tried to see a bit more detailed messages with the -v 5 flag, but again - only warnings. And the weird thing is that if my job has only 1 task, everything renders fine - no errors, no problems. The problems occur on every other task. So if there’s no error or any other message that I can use to identify the problem and use it to solve it in the way you suggested, is there any other way to simply force the task to be marked as completed?

I found something else that looks like might be a problem, though I have no idea what it means:

0: STDOUT: DB 0.2 info : disk swapping: 0 objects (0 KB) swapped out in 0.00 s,

0: STDOUT: DB 0.2 info : 0 objects (0 KB) swapped in in 0.00 s, max swap space used 0 KB, 2237866 KB failed

Yah, there doesn’t seem to be any obvious errors, other than the

non-zero error code itself. In the thread link I gave you earlier, check

out the second post from the top. It has a link to another thread that

can help you work around non-zero error codes.

Cheers,

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences