why?

This is the logs:

2008-04-24 00-36-44:  BEGIN - MARK\Administrator
2008-04-24 00-36-44:  Start-up
2008-04-24 00-36-44:  Deadline Monitor 2.7 [v2.7.29178 R]
2008-04-24 00-36-44:  2008-04-24 00:36:44
2008-04-24 00-36-46:  DeadlineMonitor.MainWindow.RepopulateUserNames {
2008-04-24 00-36-46:  }

I got exactly the same problem. hoping you guys could solve this before my deadline...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We usually get notifications when new posts are made, and for some reason we didn’t receive any notifications regarding this thread.

Anyways, there is a known problem where the login screen appears behind the splashscreen, and you have to Alt+Tab to bring it to the front.

If there is no login screen when you Alt+Tab, it may be a more rare problem where the Monitor just gets “stuck”. If this is the case, does this happen on just one machine, or all them? If it’s just one, it could be something about the way the machine is configured (software and/or hardware) that is preventing the Monitor from starting properly.

Cheers,

• Ryan

Hi Ryan ,

thanks for your reply,and that Alt+Tab methord does't work.

when it's starting,it do give me that login window.but after that, when it comes to that "display main windows......" it's stuck there.and no window popup. 50% of  CPU has been using(for a very long time).

i'v only tried it on 3 machine,with one windows server 2003 and two windows XP.

if you need any information about my configuration,please list them ,i will reply them as soon as i can.and it would be best if you can tell me where to get those.....

thanks

Chensi Lee

Would you be interested in joining our Deadline 3.0 beta program? It would be interesting to see if this problem still persists in the latest version. We’ve refactored a lot of the Monitor code, and also moved from using .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. If the problem still occurs, then we could post debug builds to try and figure out what’s going on.

See this announcement for more information on how to join the beta program.

http://support.franticfilms.com/wb/default.asp?action=9&boardid=2&read=1228&fid=6

Thanks,

• Ryan

i’v send an email to that address, and little thoughts about this problem…

I run across the same problem. Although I have tried to do as you said, but the Deadline Monitor was still halting when it comes to that "display main windows......".There is not any window popup, but 100% of CPU has been using(for a very long time). I have tried it on 5 machines in our company in the last week.

Because I can not upload pictures about the problem to here, I  have sent  an email to you. The pictures about the problem show as annex of the email.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> 

It’s looking like this problem occurs when running the Monitor on a

Chinese windows operating system. We’re not sure why this is a problem,

but hopefully we can try and get this resolved for the Deadline 3.0 release.

Cheers,

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe it's my Chinese windows operating system problem,

hope the new version will solute it.

I meet your views.It's  Chinese windows operating system problem.(I use Chinese windows operating system too,I meet the same problem. )

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences