AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Email Notifications

Is there an editable file for the email notifications of a 3dsmax job? I want to change some of the information in the email and add a couple of custom parameters…

Dave

Hi Dave,

There isn’t at the moment. The email template is currently hard coded, and doesn’t contain specific information for specific plugins. We have an existing wishlist item to allow these emails to be customized, but this currently isn’t on the short term roadmap.

Cheers,

• Ryan

Ok, thanks for the reply Russell, what I would really love to do is for the notification email to have an image attached which would have a contact list of smalll thumbnails from through the render so we could see a quick overview of the pass to make sure it rendered properly.

Dave

is this a feature yet? would definitely like to customise the email notifications.

Unfortunately no, it’s still a “wish list” item.

Ah ha!
More people asking for customisable email templates!
I’ve wanted this since 2009!

I’m bumping this thread since we’ve got our own here which I’m probably about to ditch in favour of Deadline’s ascii burst.

If Thinkbox allow email templates to be used, even in a basic format then anyone wanting the template we used here for this email layout can PM me here and I’ll fire it over.

It’s all constructed using Python btw, so if anyone @ thinkbox wants to save same some time I can pass it over. :smiley:

Hey Jamie,

It would definitely be super useful if you could forward us your code for that! Given that it’s Python, it’ll probably save us a bunch of work when we actually go to implement the Event Plugin (ie, customisable) version of the Email Notification.

Cheers,

• Jon

Hi Jon,

Dropped you a PM, Axis said it’d be ok :smiley:

Cheers!

Sweet! I’ll be sure to have a look at it when I have a chance.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

• Jon

Hi guys,

Is this still a wishlist item? :slight_smile:

Would be good to customise the email notification as an event plugin.

Thanks.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences