AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Dbase version

Hi, I was wondering if you guys are considering writing a version of deadline that would use a DataBase instead of a file system method.

That would be something we would be interested in having.

I know how this can be very complex on the tech support side, but it could add a whole new world of possibilities.

By enforcing specific os, DB software, DB versions, etc. I think it is something that could be done. For example, forcing the server to be running Fedora Core 5 with mySQL on a machine that respect a minimum hardware requirement. By creating a ISO of the Linux, all we would have to do is install this ISO on our server, setup a few netwrok values and voila!

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

This has been an idea that has been tossed around for a while now, and it’s something that we will more than likely explore down the road (but we are nowhere near to even having a rough timeline for such a feature).

Idealy, we would love to be able to swap repository and database storage in and out as the user requires, but like you said this will add a lot of complexity. I’m sure it will happen someday, but definitely not in the near future. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

• Ryan

Great, thanks for the feedback

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences