AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Failed task reports

Hi, I think I have seen this feature but now I can’t find it. I would like to receive an email whenever a job fails. Like the job completion, I want to send an email to the sys admin.

I have another suggestion on the same subject. I would like to be able to have have an automated job monitoring. I would like to receive a mail whenever a task renders over a specified time, when to much task have failed.

I don’t really want the job to stop, I just want it to raise a flag so I know something is fishy.

I would be able to set the monitoring for all jobs or only on specifics jobs, the most mission critical jobs for example. This coul be done similar to the notification feature in the jobs.

This would warn the sys admin only or the user and sys admin.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Hi Sylvain,

This stuff is built in for the user of the job, but there isn’t an option yet to also email sys admin. So the job’s user will receive an email if the job completes, the job fails, and if set properly in the Repository Options in the Monitor (enter super user mode, select Tools -> Repository Options), the user will also receive an email after a certain number of jobs.

Perhaps we can look at adding a more complete email notification system, where the sys admin can be added on to completion, failures, and warning notifications as they see fit.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Ho yes… that’s where it is. I knew I saw this somewhere.

And yes it would be great to have total control over what reports are sent to the admins.

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences