AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

using preLayer script with arguments

Hi, I have modified the Maya plguin to include a few home made scripts. I want to run a preLayer script, the problem I have is when I try to use a prescript with arguments, deadline always return an error.

When I run the exact same command the deadline receive in a dos shell, it works. I was wondering how I could fix this.

Herte is the command that deadline slave receive (Note that is have truncated the command for clarity):

Arguments: " -r mr -v 2 -preRender AVsceneScore -preFrame preFrameScript -preLayer “preLayerScript fgread 0” -postFrame postFrameScript -rt 0 […]

The problem is the -preLayer “preLayerScript fgread 0”, all the other pre/post script works because they don;t need arguments.

I have tried many different way.

-preLayer “preLayerScript fgread 0”

-preLayer “preLayerScript(fgread,0)”

-preLayer “preLayerScript(“fgread”,“0”)”

-preLayer “preLayerScript(“fgread”,“0”)”

etc…

They all fail

Any help would be apreciated

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

I have tried both, and they both fail. I am running out of ways to try. With and without quotes, with extra backslash, etc, etc.

Usualy it’s the command that fails, but if I copy paste the command from the Slave and run it in a command line it works.

So i’m guessing that what is printed in the slave is sent to a command line as well, so it’s missing some more quotes.

The usual error is this

0: INFO: Deadline Slave ignoring error: “Error: preLayerScript (fgmake,0);” because it is not usually fatal.

0: STDOUT: Error: preLayerScript (fgmake,0);

0: INFO: Deadline Slave ignoring error: “Error: Line 1.23: Invalid use of Maya object “fgmake”.” because it is not usually fatal.

0: STDOUT: Error: Line 1.23: Invalid use of Maya object “fgmake”.

As for sending the command it might be a bit complex, i’ll need to send you my plugin and the submission files I used to submit. What I am sending to the command is new value queried from the deadline job, so you will need all of this.

i’ll prepare that if I can’t figure it out by the end of the day.

Just a thought, i’m not sure if the backslash act as an escaping character in the dos command line…

Maybe that’s the problem, what’s the escaping character in dos, anyone knows this?

Ok I have sent my package to the support email.

Thanks for helping out

HAAAAA…WOUUPS!

I found my problem!

It’s a code 18 unfortunatly… The problem is that I am forcing environment variable before the render starts to make sur all machines can find all mel script, and my mel scripts are local, so the dorced env variable was causing the renderer to use the preLayerScript version located on the server… thus returning error since the server copy is not setup with arguments…

Sorry for the trouble…

Thanks for the help…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences