AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

About Submit Maya file

Hi, I have just realised that some of our jobs in Deadline where submitted with the Submit Maya file option checked on. This uploads the scene file on the Deadline server, so when slaves renders these jobs, they have to load the scene from the Deadline server instead of the regular network.

This must be impacting on the Deadline server performance since more I/O needs to be done.

I think it would be wise to have an override for this for people that have a lot of nodes connected to deadline.

I have disabled this feature in my version of the submitter.

Anyway that was my 2 cents on the subject.

Sylvain Berger | Technical Director | Alpha Vision

Hi Sylvain,

Actually, when the scene file is copied to the repository, the Slaves copy the scene locally when they pick up the job instead of reading it directly from the repository machine. As long as they continue to render the same job, they will continue to use the local scene file, and thus reduce the load on the network.

The “Submit Maya File” option was added so that users could pause the job, make changes to the network scene file, than resume the job, thus allowing the changes to be recognized by the renderer. I’m not sure what you mean by having an override for this feature. The setting should be sticky, so as long as it is unchecked once, it should remain unchecked until the user decides to enable it again. Of course, one could always remove it entirely like you have. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan Russell

Frantic Films Software

http://software.franticfilms.com/

(204)949-0070

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences