AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Useful XMesh Functions

I ended up in a situation recently with an XMesh from somebody else with lots of objects and elements baked down to one object. Brilliant, works great…

However when I then wanted to put different VRayDisplacementMod’s on different areas I realised I was in trouble. What I ended up doing was to use Genome to select each MaterialID and delete the rest of the mesh, doing this for each ID and saving as a separate XMesh, I could then add VrayDisplacementMod onto each Xmesh individually.

Worked ok, but was slow and quite a hassle to do. Thus it would be nice if XMesh had an option to only load/render certain Material IDs, then you could just duplicate the original XMesh loader and change which material ID to load and put the VrayDisplacement Mod on each Xmesh.

Also it would be nice if there was a way to split an XMesh from one object with lots of elements to sequences for each element. Which I know could be heavy and a lot of files but trying to make masks for different elements was tricky -> impossible with everything in one XMesh. Lesson learned for next time, split it into multiple XMeshes from the start but unfortunately I didn’t have the luxury of the original source file!

Thank you for your suggestions! I will add them to our wish list.

Are you thinking of a filter to load specific elements, similar to what you suggested for Material IDs? Or something else?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences