AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Xmesh for Blender?

I saw that the development of Xmesh for other 3D platforms is in development and was wondering if the Blender version was in beta yet? I would like to beta test Xmesh and see what it can do but haven’t heard much along the lines of approaching beta stages yet for Blender.

To be fair, this is the first time I hear a Blender user asking for XMesh. Right now we fully support 3ds Max and Maya, and have a free loader for Nuke. So the likely next platforms to support would be Houdini, Cinema4D, and modo. (the order is my gut feeling, not speaking for management here :slight_smile:) However, all of them would probably require a full Saver+Loader implementation, which requires a longer dev. cycle.

Would you be interested in a free loader for Blender, or are you looking for a full Saver+Loader combo? The main issue is that the Saver is a commercial plugin (sharing the same license between all platforms), while the Loader is always free. A commercial Saver would fly in the face of the Open Source nature of Blender, and I personally cannot see anyone using Blender paying money for it… :wink:

Thoughts?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences