AnnotationInfo() - Default Font Path Problem

Discussion and Support of Draft, the lightweight compositing and video processing tool
thomasrath

AnnotationInfo() - Default Font Path Problem

Postby thomasrath » Wed May 23, 2018 9:16 am

Hello hello,

maybe someone has experience with this problem.
When i try to create an AnnotationInfo, Draft looks for the default font (SourceSansPro) somewhere in the network, in a directory that has not existed for years. I have copied the error message below:

2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: Traceback (most recent call last):
2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: File "\\srv\PIPELINE\vast-deadline\vast\puf3\puf3_drafter_v001.py", line 65, in <module>
2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: textInfo = Draft.AnnotationInfo()
2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: RuntimeError: boost::filesystem::status: The network name cannot be found: "\\minisrv\DeadlineRepository7\draft\Windows\32bit\SourceSansPro-Regular.otf"

Has anybody an idea why Draft is doing that? And is there a way to tell Draft where it has to look for fonts?

Thanks for every hint,
Thomas

paul
Thinkbox Software

Re: AnnotationInfo() - Default Font Path Problem

Postby paul » Wed May 23, 2018 1:54 pm

By default, Draft searches for fonts in the directories specified by the MAGICK_FONT_PATH and MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH environment variables. In your case, I assume that one of those environment variables is set to "\\minisrv\DeadlineRepository7\draft\Windows\32bit".

You can print out your environment variables in a Draft script by running this code:

Code: Select all

import os
print os.environ

How are you running Draft?

Perhaps you have set one of these environment variables at the system level? (To check this, you can open a Command Prompt window, enter "set" without the quotes, and look for those environment variable names in the output.)

thomasrath

Re: AnnotationInfo() - Default Font Path Problem

Postby thomasrath » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 am

Hi Paul,

you are absolutely right. Some of your PCs had an old "MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH" environment variable set to this wrong path.
Now everything is working fine.

Many thanks! :D

Return to “Thinkbox Software - Draft”