AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Merging Audio with Mp4

If the output file’s extension is set to “.mp4” and the audioFilename argument is specified Draft crashes:

enc = Draft.VideoEncoder( "//path/to/video/save.mp4", quality=80, codec='H264', audioFilename='//path/to/audio/load.wav' )

After changing it to “.mov” Draft runs with no issues.

enc = Draft.VideoEncoder( "//path/to/video/save.mov", quality=80, codec='H264', audioFilename='//path/to/audio/load.wav' )

Is it possible to transcode a mp4 movie with the audio track embedded using Draft?

Hi,

I just ran some tests and was able to reproduce the issue with the latest version of Draft. You are totally right, it is currently impossible to encode a mp4 movie with the audio track embedded using Draft. I just logged this issue as a bug. This is definitively something we’ll take care of as soon as we can.

In the meantime, would it be possible for you to give me the exact version of Draft you are using? (The version is displayed right after Draft import statement.)

Thanks!

Julie

The Draft version we are using here is 1.1.1.55749.

That’s noted.

Thank you for your understanding,

Julie

I’m using Draft 1.5.3.1 and I also have a crashing problem when I try to use audio in an mp4.
Here is the output I get:

Is this the same error?

Hey nope,

That is the same error. I will add you as a +1 on our ticket so hopefully we can get to this soon.

Grant

Thank you grant.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences