AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

AnnotationInfo() - Default Font Path Problem

Hello hello,

maybe someone has experience with this problem.
When i try to create an AnnotationInfo, Draft looks for the default font (SourceSansPro) somewhere in the network, in a directory that has not existed for years. I have copied the error message below:

2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: Traceback (most recent call last):
2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: File “\srv\PIPELINE\vast-deadline\vast\puf3\puf3_drafter_v001.py”, line 65, in
2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: textInfo = Draft.AnnotationInfo()
2018-05-23 15:26:33: 0: STDOUT: RuntimeError: boost::filesystem::status: The network name cannot be found: “\minisrv\DeadlineRepository7\draft\Windows\32bit\SourceSansPro-Regular.otf”

Has anybody an idea why Draft is doing that? And is there a way to tell Draft where it has to look for fonts?

Thanks for every hint,
Thomas

By default, Draft searches for fonts in the directories specified by the MAGICK_FONT_PATH and MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH environment variables. In your case, I assume that one of those environment variables is set to “\minisrv\DeadlineRepository7\draft\Windows\32bit”.

You can print out your environment variables in a Draft script by running this code:

import os
print os.environ

How are you running Draft?

Perhaps you have set one of these environment variables at the system level? (To check this, you can open a Command Prompt window, enter “set” without the quotes, and look for those environment variable names in the output.)

Hi Paul,

you are absolutely right. Some of your PCs had an old “MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH” environment variable set to this wrong path.
Now everything is working fine.

Many thanks! :smiley:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences