AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

TP support for the InputParticles node

Hi,

We’re using StokeField with TP and it’s a major pain that we need to cache through Krakatoa first, then use the cache in a StokeField, breaking up the live connection. Is TP support for the InputParticles node possible?

Thanks!

Yes, it looks like this is possible with a script change. Could you please try the following?

1. Exit 3ds Max.
  2. Rename “C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Stoke MX\Scripts\MagmaFlowEditor.ms” as “MagmaFlowEditor.bak”.
  3. Extract MagmaFlowEditor.ms from the attached ZIP file, and copy it to “C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Stoke MX\Scripts”.
  4. Restart 3ds Max.

Does this work for you?

Edit: The problem with this simple approach is that it gets all particles from the Thinking Particles system, with no way to filter the particles by Group. I’ll add that to our wish list.
MagmaFlowEditor.zip (85.5 KB)

Great for a quick solution. Looking forward to the group selector, but that is solving our biggest problem for now, thanks!

Tried it out - maybe it’s my TP version (beta), but I’m getting an error - it does allow me to pick the TP node, but then I get an ‘node does not exist or is deleted’ error, and the inputParticles node list is empty.
TP version is 6.2.0.47

Thank you for letting us know! I have a couple questions:

• Are you using Stoke version 2.0.18?
  • Does it work on a simple TP system: a single group with only a PositionBorn operator?

I’m now on vacation, but I’ll check on Monday!

Hi,

Just got back to this - it does work in a simple scene! I’ll investigate further.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences