AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Lidar files

Hello,
it is possible to reproduce this in Cinema 4d?
youtube.com/watch?v=w-gTN23_IgA

Thank you,
Wilfried

There are some obvious differences between Krakatoa MX and Krakatoa C4D, mainly the lack of a Magma channel editor. However, most of the workflows still apply. For example, I just tried loading the CSV file of the car and it showed up in C4D. Since the CSV file contained a first line defining the channel mapping, I did not need Magma to remap channels to Color or Intensity.

Things that I tried:

• I created a PRT Loader and picked the CSV, disabled the “Sequence” checkbox which is equivalent to “Load Single Frame Only” in KMX.
  • I added a Krakatoa Copy Channel tag to the PRT Loader to copy the Color channel to the Emission channel.
  • I checked “Ignore Scene Lights” because KC4D supports default lights, KMX does not.
  • I checked “Use Emission” and tweaked the Final Pass Density Exponent just like in KMX.

Krakatoa C4D (like Krakatoa for Maya) lacks the PCache option available in Krakatoa MX, so rendering a camera animation after resaving the original file to PRT would take about 4 seconds per frame instead of 2… Otherwise the render output looks the same.

Hello Bobo,
thank you very much for the quick reply with info.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences