AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Krakatoa MX 2.5.0 Released

We are happy to announce that v2.5.0 of Krakatoa MX is now available.

It adds support for 3ds Max 2017, improves integration with existing and future FumeFX versions while adding flexible time controls to the PRT FumeFX object; increases the flexibility of the PCache; improves live particle editing workflows by removing the need to save PRTs to disk thanks to advancements in the PRT Source object as well as the Particle Flow Krakatoa PRT Birth and Update operators which now accept ANY particle source; further expands Magma, introducing the SpaceMagma World Space Modifier.

For a detailed list of new features, improvements and bug fixes, please see the Release Notes here:
thinkboxsoftware.com/krakato … e-log.html

Note that a new 2.5 license will be required to run this new version, please contact Thinkbox Sales to get your update if you are on active Support, or to upgrade your license if you are not.

Some exciting examples on how to use the new features will be made available in the coming days/weeks.

Cool improvements to PRT FFX and the PFlow ops!

Here is a quick overview of what the updated PRT Source and the SpaceMagma can do for you:

youtu.be/RNGuVqMNbEY

Wow! I like the prt source! Can you input Geometry mesh into it?

edit: i ask because it would be great if we could turn the geo verts into particles and get their velocities for further sampling and usage in stoke!

Nice live edit example :exclamation:

Yes, you can! And splines, too.
However we just found a bug in the release build exactly in that PRT Source from animated mesh/spline part, so we will be posting a fix tomorrow.
Btw, PRT Volume already generates velocities from deforming meshes, in case you need to feed them into Stoke right now :slight_smile:

In the mean time, you can watch the second video about the Birth Channel Generator:

youtu.be/GmIuFIT1PSY

That’s a neat tool. I like the idea of burning data channels. :ugeek:

Neat trick with the seed values :open_mouth:

Two more demo videos are now available:

youtu.be/GmIuFIT1PSY

youtu.be/J8qf9FqiI-8

Have fun!

Nice, spline love! Birth on spline has been on the list of Pflow wishes for ages.

And here is the Ignore Backfaces demo video for the Magma in KMX 2.5:

youtu.be/TDbCc0oFQ8I

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences