AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Krakatoa renders featured in USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute introduction video

Hi Bobo and whoever else may be interested,

We recently finished our introduction video for the USC Mark and Mary Stevens Neuroimaging and Informatics Institute and it is now up on YouTube:
youtube.com/watch?v=j4_FICr29R0

We used Krakatoa for some very cool volumetric rendering effects. The exact time stamps for where we used Krakatoa are as follows but please note that some of the nicer examples are toward the end of the video:
:45-50
2:43 - 2:53
3:20 - 3:27
7:17 - 7:23
10:07 - 10:53
11:04 - 11:18
12:46 - 12:50 (on background screen)
12:55 - 12:57 (on background screen)

We also used Genome for the nerve impulse effects in the shot at 7:58 - 8:25. Krakatoa was also used for the small particles coming to and from the capillary.

Enjoy!

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for sharing, this is a very impressive use of our tools outside of the entertainment realm!

Would you mind if we would post the video on our Thinkblog? We will include your comments here, and if you want to provide more info about your workflows, please post it in this thread…

Cheers!

Really cool!

Hi Bobo,

Personally I don’t see why not but I have to first get permission from my boss here since he may want to keep some things confidential. I’ll let you know once I hear back from him.

Cheers!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences