AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Is krakatoa still there?

Hello. Since almost all plugins are ready for max 2018 I feel obliged to ask if Thinkbox plugins are going to be ready as well? :wink:
I am worried since last build of krakatoa comes from 23 August 2016, no mention of xmesh or stoke.

Is there any expected timeline for new builds?
Thinkbox stuff is the last to migrate to most recent 3dsmax version.

Best,
nl

They are coming, but we want to get some nice stuff ready in Krakatoa for everyone. Iā€™ll see if I can go push on the right people over here anyway though.

Hi Norman. Weā€™re hoping to release new versions of all four of our plugins soon which will have support for Max 2018. We donā€™t have any finalized release dates yet at this point though.

Has anything changed in terms of max 2018 and new thinkbox release? Itā€™s been a month since my last post with question. I am worried that all work force went into Deadline, slightly ditching any other products.

By the way - I recommend my film called ā€œPhotonā€ which is done with use of thinkbox plugins almost entirely :wink: Thatā€™s why I cant wait for new releases - I am a thinkbox junkie :slight_smile:

nl

Hi Morgus. Weā€™re anticipating the 2018-compatible releases will be available very soon, but I canā€™t give you a precise date.

Very soon you said? :wink:
Weā€™re missing new thinkbox stuff really bad in 2018. So we work in 2017. Your plugins are priceless.
Do you have any information about next possible features? Iā€™ve heard about some vray integration with krakatoa voxel rendering, but not much moreā€¦
Best,
nl

Hi Norman. Weā€™re planning on releasing a version of Krakatoa MX based on the currently available version, but with added support for Max 2018 very soon. We do have some exciting new features that we expect to release in a future version after that one though.

In fact we demoed them at Siggraph, and some people peed their pants :mrgreen:

Is there any video or blog entry about that siggraph pissing? :wink:

I know people took pictures of my monitor, and I recorded a short overview video for our marketing team, but I have not seen anything posted yet (not that I have searched the web actively). You already know what is coming, it was more the reaction of people who didnā€™t know that was interesting to experienceā€¦ :sunglasses:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences