AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Flickering and lighting artifacts

Hi all,

I am experiencing some more lighting issues with Realflow particles and Krakatoa.

The particles are split in to 4 different loaders, are retimed and have magmascripts to adjust their color based on velocity. I get these very weird banding issues, as seen here: i.imgur.com/ryGGidP.jpg

The particles have absorption turned on, and each loader has a slightly different texture.

My lights are two spot lights with really huge shadow map sizes (6000), and sample range set to 10.

It seems like sample range set to 1 made the issue worse, so I bumped it up quite a bit from its default of 4.

The flickering/artifacts only happen on some frames, as seen here: gfycat.com/gifs/detail/shameles … ndianhorse

Could you post a screenshot that shows the placement of the two spot lights relative to the bounding box of the PRT Loader?
(Posting the actual scene and one or two frames from the particle sequence would be even more useful for debugging this…)

Have you resolved this problem? It haunts me for years, even with recent kraka versions. Random flicker in clouds, hard to detect while rendering and hard to reproduce.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences