EAFl and F6

Discussion and Support of Awake, the Fusion plug-in pack
Chad

EAFl and F6

Postby Chad » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:28 am

The new beta of EAFl doesn't work with Fusion 6. Have you tried this? It just won't load. External library needed? I'm not sure.

- Chad

myurick

Re: EAFl and F6

Postby myurick » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Chad,

I'm temporarily fielding Awake related issues. I'm not familiar with "EAFl". Is that the Edge Aware Filter you're referring to? I haven't yet built/tested the plugins for Fusion 6, as I don't have a copy at the moment. I checked and was informed we'd be getting some Fusion 6 seats shortly. I'll take a look at any compatibility issues between Fusion 5 and 6 re: Awake plugins as soon as I get it.

-mike

Chad

Postby Chad » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Yeah, Edge Aware works fine (for beta) in 5.3, but fails to even load in 6. Other plugins seem to be fine, so it might be something related to TBB or CUDA... Dunno. Yeah, it was a bit hard to report a bug on beta software running on beta software. But at least I wasn't running on Windows 7, right?

There's a new SDK for Fusion 6 coming, but as is, Fusion 5.3 plugins are SUPPOSED to work in 6, but only about half of our in-house plugins developed in 5.3 actually work in 6, so that isn't saying much.

- Chad

myurick

Postby myurick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:59 pm

I got my hands on a copy of Fusion 6 and tested the plugins. Like you mentioned, the other plugins all seem to be running correctly. The issue with the EAF had to do with a minor (and unintentional from what I can tell) change in the Fusion headers. I've remedied the situation by changing the code on my end, it should have been changed anyways. I will look at getting this updated version released for testing shortly.

Return to “Thinkbox Software - Awake”