Lens Distort Center Red

Discussion and Support of Awake, the Fusion plug-in pack
Chad

Lens Distort Center Red

Postby Chad » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Moving the Center Green affects only the green channel, and moving Center Blue only affects the blue channel. But moving Center Red affects the green and blue channels, but not the red.

Is that expected?

DMelmoth

Re: Lens Distort Center Red

Postby DMelmoth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 pm

It looks like using the "Remove" option instead of "Chromatic" might solve any problems. At a glace, the two options give identical results, except Chromatic never alters the red channel (and alters the green and blue channels instead). In the meantime, I'll try and double check if leaving the red channel unchanged is the desired behaviour for chromatic abberation removal.

Let me know if using Remove doesn't work out.

Chad

Postby Chad » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:37 am

A really tiny filmback for Remove does give me a similar result. I'll try that.

DMelmoth

Postby DMelmoth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

I've looked into it some more, and it turns out that it's possible to reproduce the results of the Chromatic setting even when the red channel distortion isn't zero:
- First, change the mode from Chromatic to Remove.
- Pipe that into a second lens distort, set the new node to Apply and turn off Per-Channel Distortion, and use all the distortion parameters from the first node's red channel. (You can do all that quickest by just copy/pasting the first node and unchecking Per-Channel Distortion and choosing Apply)

From there you can adjust the R/G/B distortions in the first node, and the red channel won't be static, and you won't have to change the filmback width. Of course, it might be easier to just use the Chromatic setting, but it's an option. Hope this helps!

Return to “Thinkbox Software - Awake”