Any update?

Discussion and Support of Awake, the Fusion plug-in pack
inohide

Any update?

Postby inohide » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:49 am

Hi,

Awake doesn't have any update or bug fix for a long while.
Has the development of Awake stopped?

I heared Prime Focus switch pipeline to NUKE.
How will Awake become it in the future?

some response please.

Thank you.

cbond

Re: Any update?

Postby cbond » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Apologies for the delay - as you can imagine, with the transition to Thinkbox Software, some communication stopped.

I intend to continue development of awake, however i want to package the tools in a different way. Either more tools, or less tools with more depth. There seemed to be some extraneous concepts in the tools that weren't completely fleshed out.

What would you like to see?

chris bond

Chad

Postby Chad » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:03 am

Right now? Bug fixes and ROIDS support. The bug stuff is littered all over, most really trivial, like using aspect ratio instead of scale. Maybe we can compile a list (as I have no idea if Brian or anyone else kept that)? Bring back the CUDA support? Or just go with OpenCL?
Going forward? Deprecate the stereo tools (so you can only add them via script). Same with Depth Blur. Add Lua functions.

Our favorite tools? Lens Distort / Spherical Distort. Sad? No, Just really useful and easy. Someone did ask at some point about getting calibration files out of tracking software like Syntheyes.
Another "nice" tool that we have used in a pinch was Motion Depth Blur. It's a half-decent solution to an otherwise impossible (in traditional compositing) problem. We've only used it when it was able to work really well, but darnit, it DID work really well.

New tools? Well, I don't know what secret Fusion tools you have, but we'd love to see some other technology, like levelsets or some 3D tools? It might be nice to unpack the FFT tools, so we could convert spatial/frequency and back (with 2 32-bit float images? Would lose some quality, but we're not looking for perfect reconstruction).

- Chad

cbond

Postby cbond » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks Chad - things will start moving on awake soon!

cb

Chad

Postby Chad » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Not the thread bump I was looking for. :)

Return to “Thinkbox Software - Awake”