AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Custom Events 3/3

We have created a number of Custom Event Scripts to output version info for various Windows elements and 3DS Max core details and plugins, for anybody who might find them useful, particularly when trying to keep the render farm consistent. Post 3/3

Each of the scripts is currently configured to the following Extra Info numbers, these can be renamed from the Configure Repository Options > Slave Settings > Extra Properties.

The scripts have some hard coded elements to limit to certain versions (i.e. Vray for 3DS Max 2017) as that’s the Max version we currently run, however they should be reasonably simple to adapt to your requirements.

Extra Info 7: Windows Release > Primary Windows Version Code, tested on Windows 10 [attachment=2]WindowsVersion.zip[/attachment]
Extra Info 8: Windows Build > Detailed Windows Build Code, tested on Windows 10 [attachment=1]WindowsBuild.zip[/attachment]
Extra Info 9: Windows Hotfix > Latest Installed Windows Hot fixes, tested on Windows 10 [attachment=0]WindowsHotfix.zip[/attachment]

Each script directory should be placed in the Deadline Repository Directory > custom > events

They should be configured in the Configure Event Plugins dialogue, specifically make sure you change the State to enabled :slight_smile:

Forgive any scripting naivety, I’m still getting to grips with Python, but hopefully they should give you a good start.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I’ll refer to these when folks need take account of what’s installed on their nodes.

It seems that the move to the new Forum has lost the attachments, I’ve reuploaded links below…

Extra Info 7: Windows Release > WindowsVersion.zip (1.3 KB)

Extra Info 8: Windows Build > WindowsBuild.zip (1.3 KB)

Extra Info 9: Windows Hotfix > WindowsHotfix.zip (1.3 KB)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences