AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Mono 2.6.7 SRPMs for RHEL5/Centos5

Hello,

you’ll find attached Mono SRPMs for RHEL5/Centos5.
It is based on package from Fedora Rawhide repository with necessary modifications in spec file (basically touchups in files section and removing of dependence on existing mono on system during compilation - this package use bootstraping).
Rebuilding to binary packages on your platform could be easily done by "rpmbuild --rebuild ". I successfully tested it on i386 and x86-64 platforms.
Then, these rpm packages are necessary to deploy on render nodes for running of Deadline:
libgdiplus, mono-core, mono-data, mono-web, mono-extras, mono-data-sqlite, mono-devel, mono-winforms, mono-wcf

Best regards

Michal Smucr

Hi Michal,

Thanks for posting this! I just checked Mono’s download page, and it looks like they have started supporting RHEL/CentOS again:
go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

This actually coincided with the Mono 2.6.7 release back on July 20th. I don’t think they’ve officially supported RHEL/CentOS since 2.0 or 2.2, but seeing as this is the flavor of Linux that the majority of 2D/3D packages seem to be supporting, this is great news!

Cheers,

• Ryan

Hello Ryan,

good news… :slight_smile: I didn’t wonder, that Novell will support Mono for RHEL again. I looked at it and tested it on my machines. It is good alternative to provided Rawhide based package and I hope it will last supported by Novell at least to next major Mono version. Basic difference between two packages is that Novell package doesn’t use default Redhat FS layout and it is based on vanilla sources without Redhat specific patches.
All Novell packages are named mono-addon-* (including libgdiplus) and installs to /opt/novell/mono directory.

For convenience, I’ve created novell-mono.repo file (to put in /etc/yum.repos.d) and modified mono-addon-environment.sh (to put in /etc/profile.d after RPM installation).
With repo file installation of Mono packages for Deadline on RHEL/Centos is as easy a

yum install mono-addon-basic

It should work with both 32 and 64bit versions of RHEL.
Both files are attached in zip file.

Have a nice day

Michal
novell-mono.zip (736 Bytes)

You are a F#!king god, thanks soooo much for this !!
/S

Hello,

I am a bit lost when it comes to what I need to install to get Deadline running on RHEL5. I grabbed the repository links supplied by msmucr, but unfortunately the repository doesnt seem to exist anymore.

Is there a step by step newbs guide to getting all the necessary mono packages installed?

Edwin has put together a handy script for building Mono on CentOS, and it should work for RHEL too:
github.com/ThinkboxSoftware/Dea … nux/CentOS

Cheers,

• Ryan
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences